Monday, October 22, 2012

Great Expectations

The post title says it all, doesn't it?

I have so many expectations and they are all (mostly) great.  I expect great things from writing this blog, although very little {nothing actually} has happened so far.  I expect great things from my self imposed "3 months without buying anything for myself" challenge, although its new flow time at the store and dammit I LOVE all the  product we are getting in.  I expect great things from my daily affirmations that "today" is the day I am going to get back on the weight loss/exercise/be healthy plan that I fell off of a few months back.

How can we turn our expectations in realities?  That is the question.  With so many expectations, where do you point your focus?  Can you split your focus to make them all happen or does that split cause none of them to be viable?  I certainly don't have the answer(s).  I ride a daily roller-coaster of emotions and usually end up spinning my wheels and getting no where, fast.

I wonder though, why do I have these great expectations for myself?  Maybe that is the real question, and finding the answer to that isn't so simple.  A blinking cursor assures me this is a question for reflection and that wisdom will be a long time coming.

So, for today at least, I'm going to pick one of my objectives.  I'm going to lower my expectations for it and give myself a little break; BUT I'm going to also focus on it and only it for the day.  Maybe, just maybe, my expectation and I can meet in the middle and come away successful.

So, I went to the gym today.   I expect that counts for something.

http://www.bubbyandbean.com/2011/02/simple-reminder.html

Much Love,

Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment