Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Am in Control

You are in control as well.

It's Super Tuesday ya'll, so get your ass out there and vote.

No joke, it is your RIGHT and your RESPONSIBILITY to have a say in the governing of this country.  Don't know about the candidates (and really, with all the hype and all the spin it is hard to know what's what)?  Research, ask someone you admire, ask your Dad or your Mom or your Brother/Sister/Best Friend.  Find out enough to make a choice, an informed decision.  Find just one point of view that resembles yours on an issue you are passionate about and vote that way.  Are you getting the message yet?  Just vote.

In 1869, Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton formed the National Women Suffrage Association with their main goal being to obtain a woman's right to vote via an amendment to the US Constitution.  In 1878 Susan wrote the Federal Women Suffrage Amendment and it was put before Congress.  It took 42 YEARS of hard work, picketing, civil disobedience and lobbying before the 19th amendment was signed into law in 1920.  Honor the efforts of these, and all the many women who put their lives forward in struggle to gain you this right.  Have your say.

Stepping off of my soap box now (gosh, I get up there a lot).  The truth is that I abhor politics.  BUT, I adore freedom and being in control of my own destiny.  I really hope you do to.

If I were smart, I would have gone all Patriotic on you and dressed in Red, White and Blue.  I said IF I were smart.

Peace,

Alyssa

Great Hats!!!

Rock the Vote!



No comments:

Post a Comment