Friday, November 23, 2012

Subliminal Messages

Ah, Black Friday.  It seems to me that most people fall into one of two schools of thought when it comes to this day.  You love it or you hate it.


Where do I stand do you think?

My face says it all, doesn't it?  Or is it the skulls on my shirt that send the message?  Perhaps it is the spikes on my shoes then?  Whichever clue reached out to you, I'm sure you have guessed by now which side I'm on.

The sad truth is, while this is what I had planned to wear to work today, my store decided to get all "themey" so I had to wear a plain black top and blue denim instead.  SNORE!  And, not at all in keeping with my attitude for the day either.  

All I can say is, thank God its over!  Now I can sit with my family and watch some tv and eat some delish leftovers.  Until tomorrow.  I have to go back tomorrow.  Early.

XO,
Alyssa

It's Casual Friday at Two Thirty-Five;  check it.




6 comments:

  1. Love that shirt! Love it even more with the striped jacket, because it makes it sneak up on people just a bit! You should wear it next week...it's too great an outfit not to show off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, thank you!! I'm not sure how I missed replying to you!! Sorry about that. Fear not, I will totally be wearing it this holiday season at the store!! :o)

      Delete
  2. Ok, that shirt is SO AWESOME! And I love the striped cardigan you paired with it. I've never liked Black Friday either. I happened to work in retail a few years ago, when Black Friday was starting to become a big deal, and it was the worst thing ever. I hated that day so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey!!! Retail is its own special brand of hell. I compare it to working in a kitchen--but not as the chef, as like, the line cook. They get to scrape and chop veggies all day every day. Me, I get to fold and hang clothes all day, every day. See what I mean? LOL. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that shirt and your shoes! Where did you get them? I think I have both a love and hate relationship with Black Friday, haha

    Vanessa, 7Jaded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! Shirt was from Ross and shoes were from TJ Maxx. Do you work in retail? LOL.

      Delete