Thursday, November 8, 2012

When is a Bargain NOT a Bargain?



The answer to that my friends is if your "bargain" sits in your closet unworn for more than a year, you wasted your money.  See that dress up there?  I still haven't worn it for anything but this photo session.  Wanna know what I paid for it?  $3.48.  But STILL, I could have done numerous other things with that moolah.  

We have established both that I can't pass up a good deal AND that I work in a retail store, so not to beat a dead horse, but those two things combined is what gets me into trouble.    

I liked this dress when it came in and thought the wrap style would be good for me.  So I waited for it to go on a good promotion but it never did, and then it left for mark-down land and new stuff came in and I forgot all about it.  My attention span is limited, I'll grant you.  Then one day we were emptying out our back-stock of clearance and I found it again on super cheap price-kill, in my size, last one left.  Seriously, I consider those coincidences as signs that I should own that item.  So I bought it.  I brought it home and tried it on and hated it.  It actually has almost a tank style top, not even short sleeves, but a barely capped style rolled edge short sleeve.  And I hate my arms.  And its 115 here in the summer and who wants to wear a cardigan in that heat.  So, my bargain sat in my closet for over a year.  Until just recently when I tried it with this outfit.  I may just wear it yet this season, at least to get my money's worth out of it.   Moral of the story, a bargain is just wasted money unless 1) you LOVE it and 2) you WEAR it...often and in many ways.

Ta Da!!  Lesson learned.

Do you have a bargain item you can't figure out why you bought?  Share your details!  I'm lonely here, talking to myself!!

XO,

Alyssa




No comments:

Post a Comment