Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Happy Accident



So today is the Thoughtful Third Thursday linkup with My Closet Catalogue and A Bibliophile's Style which I have had on my calendar for a month now.

The idea behind this linkup is to share what we are reading or have read the past month and design an outfit to relate to it.

When I first planned my post for this link I was reading Twisted Sisters by Jen Lancaster.  I wouldn't recommend it, but one of the sisters in the book resonated with me.  You could possibly call her the perceived antagonist, because this book has no real antagonist...the main character is supremely flawed and all other characters get skewed via her point of view.  What you got from the main character's asides about this sister were that she was the baby of the family, she was loved by everyone she knew, she was a hairdresser and loved her job, she was currently living in her parents basement and was a few rolls over the perfect body type.  So I dressed in my happy hairdresser outfit and snapped some smiley photos.


Then I went back and re-read Selah's description of T3.  You see...I missed the little detail where a quote was supposed to be chosen and THAT creates the link back to the book. There wasn't a quote worth sharing in that whole book.  Really.  Luckily for me, I also read another piece of fluff called Rum Punch Regrets by Anne Kemp (and possibly also titled All Fruits Ripe or that was a prequel attached to it?)  While this was a fine book to read for an afternoon in the sun, it was also no great work.  I did however manage to find a quote I liked which by happy accident seemed also reflected by my outfit photos.


Maria, the wise Kittian housekeeper, tells Abby the main character, during one of her many self reflecting musings:

" Trust me, there's a bigger picture here.  We only just see a corner of it.  That's life.  You don't want to unwrap it all at once.  Enjoy the journey."

So I'm looking at the bigger picture and preparing for next month's T3 with my sights set on reading a better book and preparing to capture a great quote along the way!!  

Go check out what everyone else is reading and wearing.


My Closet Catalogue

6 comments:

  1. Awww, Alyssa! It's leopard! And TARDIS blue! I think you've made a fan for life! And you used the button I made (am particularly proud of my mad Photoshopping skillz with that one)! Can we say verklempt?!

    Thanks so much for linking up and we look forward to having you on board every third Thursday form now on. Btw, you really didn't have to stress so much about the quote. I think we did say quote AND/OR synopsis of book, thank goodness, because I didn't include a quote meself on my post and I'm the host! LOL!

    M @ http://www.myclosetcatalogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, a synopsis is fine - we're not picky. ;)
    By all means though, read a better book that really inspires you! I had so much fun this month with Tooth and Claw!
    You look beautiful, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love your outfit here. I'm such a fan of white jeans lately and love the pairing with the pretty blue top and lemon drop necklace. I have to say I used to read pretty regularly...then I started blogging! Hopefully on my next vacation I'll get into a juicy book.
    Gina @ On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your blouse, especially with the pants! Found ya via T3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty blouse and what a fun link up. Bummer that both books are not worth recommending. If you are looking for a fun no brainer read, I recommend - Where'd you go Bernadette.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun link up! Love your blouse .. so bright an colorful ~ something I need in my closet, but still fail to buy :-P

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete